Benefits of ODA Membership
When you join organized dentistry, you join at three levels: local (your district dental Society), state ( the Oklahoma Dental Association) and national (the American Dental Association). Through this tripartite system of membership, American dentistry has prospered.
Take a few minutes and see what the advantages are when you are an ODA Member Dentist.
ADVOCACY of issues concerning health care practices, at local, state and national levels, can be heard in the unified voices of dentistry.
- Legislative contact programs
- Dentist's Day at the Capital
- Active representation
CONTINUING EDUCATION is offered across the state, throughout the year.
- The Oklahoma Dental Meeting offers over 80 hours of CE credit from renowned speakers
- ODA Members pay a reduced meeting registration fee
- Your Local Dental Society and Study Groups offer CE at most meetings
- ODA Sponsored education programs are ADA CERP approved
- Offered to member dentist at no cost
- Education on potential risks and benefits of contractual relationships with dental benefit organizations
DISCOUNTED MEMBER SERVICES are offered to ODA members from a number of companies and groups. Click HERE for more information.
- Credit card processing
- Cafeteria Plan Section 125
- CE online
- Patient financing for dental care
- Payroll Service
- Practice & Equipment Loans
- Heart Defibrillators
- Travel & Car Rental
- Credit Card Merchant Agreement
- AND MUCH MORE!
DUES PAYMENT PLANS are designed to help the young dentist and those who want to spread the balance over a few months.
- Installment Payments
- Partial Payments for 1st, 2nd, 3rd & 4th year Grads
- Credit Card payments accepted
INSURANCE programs endorsed by the ODA: [link on old ODA site is wrong site]
- Health and Major Medical
- Professional Liability & Property
- Workers Compensation
- Business Overhead
- Term Life
- Long Term Care
MEDIATION REVIEW is a free service offered to ODA members and their patients to:
- Mediate conflicts between patients and their dentist
- Help keep disagreements from escalating into costly legal situations
- Attempt to preserve dentist/patient relationships
- For more information click here
- Cross reference of dentists, dental hygienists and assistants seeking employment
- Dentists looking for an associate or staff
- Provides Networking with other professionals
- Helps to move the dental profession forward
- ODA Journal
- Legislative Reports
- Membership Directory
- WEB Site
PUBLIC AWARNESS PROGRAM
- Informs the public about the need for dental care
- Information about quality health care to Oklahoma families
- Statewide multimedia advertising
- Speakers Bureau
- Children's Dental Health Month
- Give Kids A Smile Campaign
RELIEF FUND provides financial aid due to hardship to dentists, their dependants or spouse
VOLUNTARY SERVICE PROGRAMS offer participating dentists opportunities to help special need individuals in their community:
WELL -BEING PROGRAM
- ODA participate in the Health Professionals Program
- Professional assistance and counseling to ODA Member Dentist
- Treatment for substance abuse and depression
GETTING INVOLVED - It takes dedicated volunteers to make the association work for you.
- ODA Councils & Committees
- House of Delegates
- Board of Trustees
HOW TO JOIN
- Contact the ODA for a membership information packet at (405) 848-8873 or (800) 876-8890.
- Fill out the application form and return it to the ODA.
- Your application will be processed for membership in your local dental society, the ODA, and the ADA.
FOR THE NEW DENTIST - Look no further than Dental Society Resources. Read the latest news about the ADA Committee on the New Dentist. Dowload information about the upcoming New Dentist CE Conference. To request a complimentary New Dentist Resource Kit, Click Here.