ODA Communications Internship Available
ODA Creative Communications Internship
This internship assists the Communications Team in a fun work environment while gaining practical hands-on experience in a non-profit communications department, specifically with drafting content for news releases, ODA Journal articles, e-newsletter copy, website and social media, and layout and design work. Intern will also assist with the planning and promotion of our annual events, the Oklahoma Mission of Mercy, a two-day free dental clinic, and the ODA Annual Meeting. Student will finish internship with completed projects for his/her portfolio.
- Provide writing and design support for print and online media.
- Assist with managing the Annual Meeting education courses and promotions.
- Assist with promoting the Oklahoma Mission of Mercy (www.okmom.org).
- Assist with creating promotional videos.
- Assist with research projects.
- Service ODA members through mailings, phone calls and event planning.
- Collaborate and communicate with other ODA team members.
- Junior or Senior pursuing a degree in marketing, public relations, advertising or related field;
- Strong written and oral communications skills;
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn;
- Organized and detail-oriented with an ability to multi-task and meet deadlines;
- PC proficiency to include Microsoft Word, Excel, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop & InDesign);
- Devote a minimum of 10 hours a week.
Interns will be compensated $12 - $15 an hour based on experience. Must be able to commit a minimum of 10 hours a week within the hours of 9:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Monday - Friday.
2017 Fall Semester (August – December)
Interested applicants should submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com.