The ODA offers continuing education to members and non-members. Dentists have the chance to attend CE events throughout the year and earn credit in topics such as, practice management, clinical or ethics issues. Opportunities like the Annual Meeting, Risk Management Seminar and the New Dentist Seminar are great ways to earn CE and reconnect with colleagues.
Optimize Your Practice: CDT Code, Claims and More
Accurate and consistent procedure reporting on claim forms or patient records are hallmarks of a successful office. Familiarity with the Code on Dental Procedures & Nomenclature (CDT Code) enables you to document dental services, as well as recognize claim adjudication errors.
Friday, October 31, 2014
9:00 AM - 12:30 PM (Check-in at 8:30 AM)
$39 ODA Members
$78 Non ODA Members
(For office staff to receive the member price, he/she must work for an ODA member)
Francis Tuttle/Rockwell Campus
Northwest Hall, Room D1750, Oklahoma City, OK 731420
3.5 Hours of CE
Speaker: C. Rieger Wood, III, DDS
Attendees are encouraged to bring a copy of the 2015 CDT Manual to the workshop. The ODA will have limited quantities available for purchase of both the 2015 CDT Manual and the CDT 2015 Companion: Help Guide and Training Manual.
Registration is Closed.
Other CE Opportunities
Eastern District CE
Thursday, October 30
120 SW 8th, Krebs, OK 74554
$45 (Includes Dinner)
3 hours of CE
Dr. Bryan Couch - "Advancement in Digital Impressions"
RSVP to Dr. Jack Sheet at 918.426.4844
ODA Women of Dentistry presents: Wine & Learn
Two Opportunities Available
|Thursday, October 23, 2014
5:30 - 8:30 pm
Route 66 Dental Implants & Periodontics
|Thursday, October 30, 2014
5:30 - 8:30 pm
Featuring Business Etiquette Speaker Carey Sue Vega
1 Hour of CE
Makeup artists and a photographer will be on hand for complimentary headshots.
RSVP to Kylie Ethridge at 800.876.8890 by Oct. 10.
ER/LA Opioid REMS: Achieving Safe Use While Improving Patient Care
Free Webinar (open until December 31, 2014)
3 hours of CE
- Describe appropriate patient assessment for treatment with ER/LA opioid analgesics, evaluating risks and potential benefits ofER/LA therapy, as well as possible misuse.
- Apply proper methods to initiate therapy, modify dose, and discontinue use of ER/LA opioid analgesics, applying best practices including accurate dosing and conversion techniques as well as appropriate discontinuation strategies.
- Demonstrate accurate knowledge about how to manage ongoing therapy with ER/LA opioid analgesics, properly use evidence based tools while assessing for adverse effects.
- Employ methods to counsel patients and caregivers about the safe use of ER/LA opioid analgesics, including proper storage and disposal.
- Review/assess general and product-specific drug information concerning ER/LA opioid analgesics, identifying potential adverse effects of ER/LA opioids.
If you have questions, please contact Sandy Deeba with the Oklahoma State Medical Association, at 800.522.9452.
The Oklahoma Dental Association is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider. ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry. The Oklahoma Dental Association designates each of the sessions offered as specific number of continuing education credits as listed in the speaker information. Concerns or complaints about a CE provider may be directed to the provider or to ADA CERP at www.ada.org/cerp.