The ODA offers continuing education to members and non-members. Dentists have the chance to attend CE events throughout the year and earn credit in topics such as, practice management, clinical or ethics issues. Opportunities like the Annual Meeting, Risk Management Seminar and the New Dentist Seminar are great ways to earn CE and reconnect with colleagues.
ER/LA Opioid REMS: Achieving Safe Use While Improving Patient Care
Free Webinar (open until December 31, 2014)
3 hours of CE
- Describe appropriate patient assessment for treatment with ER/LA opioid analgesics, evaluating risks and potential benefits ofER/LA therapy, as well as possible misuse.
- Apply proper methods to initiate therapy, modify dose, and discontinue use of ER/LA opioid analgesics, applying best practices including accurate dosing and conversion techniques as well as appropriate discontinuation strategies.
- Demonstrate accurate knowledge about how to manage ongoing therapy with ER/LA opioid analgesics, properly use evidence based tools while assessing for adverse effects.
- Employ methods to counsel patients and caregivers about the safe use of ER/LA opioid analgesics, including proper storage and disposal.
- Review/assess general and product-specific drug information concerning ER/LA opioid analgesics, identifying potential adverse effects of ER/LA opioids.
If you have questions, please contact Sandy Deeba with the Oklahoma State Medical Association, at 800.522.9452.
The Oklahoma Dental Association is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider. ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry. The Oklahoma Dental Association designates each of the sessions offered as specific number of continuing education credits as listed in the speaker information. Concerns or complaints about a CE provider may be directed to the provider or to ADA CERP at www.ada.org/cerp.