Julie Nabors, RDH, MEd
Infection Prevention: A Practical Look at the CDC Guidelines
Lecture | 2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. | Two (2) CE Hours | Category B
Boost your compliance with the CDC Guidelines with this informative course that includes practical advice on ways to implement the guidelines into your infection prevention program. This course meets the new infection control requirement for dental assistants.
- Become familiar with the CDC Summary of Infection Prevention Practices in Dental Settings.
- Understand the role of the Infection Prevention Coordinator.
- Understand the benefit of checklists and efficient documentation.
- Understand the basics of reprocessing devices and surface disinfection.
- Understand how to perform, monitor, and document sterilization cycles.
- Understand how to maintain and monitor dental unit waterlines.
Course Sponsored By:
Oklahoma Dental Assistants Association
Julie Nabors, R.D.H., M.Ed. is a dental hygienist and works as an educator and consultant for the Oklahoma Dental Foundation. She is a member of the Organization for Safety, Asepsis and Prevention (OSAP) with over 100 hours of training in infection prevention and 15 years of experience in dental education. She also teaches for the University of Oklahoma and works in private practice. Julie lives in Weatherford, Oklahoma, with her husband and daughter.