Alan Atlas, DMD
The What, How & Why on Adhesion and Posterior Composites - Evidenced Based Protocols for Superior Results
Lecture | 10:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. | One and a Half (1.5) CE Hours | Category B
The scientific evidence indicates amalgam restorations are outperforming posterior composites at an alarming rate. Operator error, material selection and patient compliance will determine the long-term favorable outcome of direct composite resin restorations. This course will provide a current scientific update of which adhesive systems and direct esthetic materials to utilize for improving results. Evidenced-based step-by-step protocols for preparation, placement and finishing techniques to achieve precise margins, consistent contacts and eliminate post-operative sensitivity will be demonstrated with video provided by Dental Microscope HD Video.
- Describe the optimal adhesives and materials for specific cavity preparations including compromised clinical situations.
- Utilize simplified and innovative protocols for preparation, placement and finishing
- Achieve precise margins, consistent contacts and eliminate post-operative sensitivity
- Utilize CaMBRA and other risk assessment tools to help patients understand their role in extending the survival of their restorations
- Understand how to use effective communicative skills to avoid unnecessary litigation
Course Sponsored By:
Dr. Atlas has extended his teaching to practicing dentists all over the world. His mission is to inspire and teach his colleagues to do great dentistry for their patients. He is an internationally recognized lecturer highly regarded for his passionate style and unique academic and private practice perspective focused on applying scientific based protocols to general and advanced clinical dentistry. His presentations span worldwide including China, Africa, Australia, Middle East, Japan, Korea and Europe as well as all major dental meetings in the United States.