We are searching for an energetic person, full time for our sole-practitioner dental practice in south Oklahoma City. We require either previous experience, or completion of an accredited dental assisting program with certification to take x-rays.
- Previous dental assisting, or completion of an accredited dental assisting program
- Prefer 1 year or more experience
Required license or certification:
· Dental assisting certificate with X-ray certification.
· BE A TEAM PLAYER WITH STRONG INTERPERSONAL SKILLS
· Help patients feel comfortable before, during and after dental treatment
· Prepare patient, sterilize or disinfect instruments, set up instrument trays and prepare materials.
· Take and record medical and dental histories and vital signs of patients.
· Take x-rays.
· Record treatment information in patient records. Chart existing and proposed treatment in Dentrix Ascend.
· Assist the Doctor(s)
· Take preliminary impressions for study casts and occlusal registrations for mounting study casts.
· Pour and trim study casts and prepare whitening trays.
· Fabricate temporary restorations or custom impressions from preliminary impressions.
· Instruct patients in oral hygiene and plaque control programs.
· Assist Dentist in management of medical or dental emergencies.
· Clean and polish removable appliances.
· Teach patients appropriate oral hygiene strategies to maintain oral health.
· Clean the treatment rooms.
· Ensures operation of dental equipment by completing preventive maintenance.
· Provide postoperative instructions prescribed by Dentist. Dismiss patients with proper hand off to Front office.
· Assists front and back office team where needed.
· Communicates with patients and suppliers (e.g., scheduling appointments, answering the telephone, billing and ordering supplies).
· Intraoral scan and design crowns for same day milling
· Knowledge of all dental assistant duties
· Skilled in friendly and polite customer service
· All required certifications for dental assisting
· Versed in Dentrix Ascend highly desired
· Skilled verbal communication
· Prior experience preferred
· Bilingual (Spanish) a plus
· Polishing, Nitrous and sealant certifications a plus
Please email us at with your resume and references.
Visit our website and read our online reviews to learn who we are and what we're all about!