Part Time Dental Hygienist
- Oklahoma Dental license
- Prefer 1 year or more experience
The Dental Hygienist must be a team player in our practice. Responsibilities include:
- Clean and sterilize instruments, operatory and hygiene supply area.
- Patient screening procedures such as assessment of oral health conditions, review of the health history, oral cancer screening, head and neck inspection, dental charting and taking blood pressure/ pulse.
- Removing calculus and plaque (hard and soft deposits) from all surfaces of the teeth.
- Applying preventive materials to the teeth (e.g., sealants and fluorides)
- Teaching patients appropriate oral hygiene strategies to maintain oral health, tooth brushing and flossing.
- Counseling patients about good nutrition and its impact on oral health.
- Taking impressions of patient’s teeth for study casts (models of teeth used by dentists to evaluate patient treatment needs).
- Performing documentation and office management activities.
- Maintain records on dental status of patients and services rendered.
- Take radiographs; trace radiographs required for corrective treatment.
- Assisting dentist with procedures as required; set up instruments and other equipment.
- Calling patients for recall and care appointments.
- Organize hygiene inventory and make request to dental assistant of supplies to be ordered.
- Ensure instruments are spotless and clean
- Organize and clean hygiene bay
- Clean any other parts of the office that appear dirty or to need cleaning
Please email us at email@example.com with your resume and references.
Visit our website and read our online reviews to learn who we are and what we’re all about!
Contact InformationMegan Johns (405) 632-5561 firstname.lastname@example.org
Category: Job Openings
City: Oklahoma City